Okay, so a monsoon tune-up may not be what you know your A/C maintenance as, but it IS a good idea to make sure your unit is in good condition without leaks or potential issues prior to the rainy monsoon season. Water leaks can turn into a real hassle and serious (and expensive) issues can put a strain on your already hard working unit.
What are the most common A/C problems?
We won’t get too technical on you here, but the most common A/C problems our technicians deal with are:
- Water not being able to drain from the condensate line, or
- A leaking drain pan.
Leaking or clogged A/C lines can cause serious damage but there are ways to prevent this from happening.
How to Prevent A/C Maintenance Issues
Many people who contact us admit that they skipped their A/C tune-ups and never had their drains inspected or cleared. Dust, dirt and other debris can clog the drains and also create drywall damage. High humidity causes condensation and of course, the pan ends up rotting out and water gets into the attic or other places.
The fix is really all about preventative A/C maintenance, just like you likely do for your vehicle or even your body. Routine maintenance and checkups are important and will help avoid major, costly auto repairs or serious health issues. The same goes for HVAC maintenance. You don’t want to wait until something serious happens and you’re then stuck with nothing to cool you down and a big bill to fix it. Most system breakdowns can be avoided with routine maintenance.
Signs of A/C Problems You Don’t Want to Ignore
- Your air conditioning unit won’t start.
- The A/C’s drain pan is leaking.
- More experienced consumers may notice debris called sludge in the drain line which is usually some combination of dust, dirt, mold, algae, hair and fur.
The Monsoon Tune-up
Why exactly should you consider an HVAC tune-up service before monsoon season (or any other time of the year)? Here are a few simple reasons:
- Regular maintenance prolongs the life of the HVAC system.
- You will save money on utility bills each month.
- You can prevent many major, costly repairs.
- A tune-up helps to maintain warranties from manufacturers.
- You’ll have peace of mind knowing your system won’t let you down when you need the cold air the most.
- You can avoid water or electrical damage to your home as well as fires and other health issues due to leaks.
- Your system will run safely and efficiently as you expect it to.
Choose the HVAC Experts For A/C Maintenance
It is important to have an HVAC company do your A/C tune-up. Setting up a routine will help save you money and make sure your system is working properly all year long. Your cooling system works harder and uses much more energy when there are leaks and clogs.
When you choose Team AIR-zona’s HVAC maintenance plan, our technicians know exactly what to look for. We will check air filters, coolant levels, condenser coils, drains, the evaporator and more. We know what smaller problems could turn into bigger ones down the road.
With our plan, you will get TWO tune-ups per year, priority scheduling, free diagnostic when you need repair, 20% off on repairs, a 3.5% discount on an HVAC system replacement and more!
Give us a call and have your HVAC maintenance plan set to go for the summer monsoon season and beyond!