Have you had problems with your air conditioner lately? It has been working overtime and you do rely heavily on your A/C during the long and hot summer months. However, the question of how much it will cost to replace your A/C system may have come up. We can help you answer that question!
Should You Repair or Replace Your A/C System?
Team AIR-zona can help you answer the repair vs. replace dilemma, but here are some general points that can help in your decision. Angie’s List recommends using the $5,000 rule. Multiply the age of your system by the repair cost. If the resulting number exceeds $5,000, it’s time to replace it. Here are some other considerations …
Repair the system …
- If it is under 10 years old.
- If it requires an inexpensive repair.
- If you anticipate moving soon.
Replace the system …
- If it is older than 10 years.
- If it has needed to be repaired more than twice in the last year.
- If it presents a safety issue.
If you are unsure, we can help you make the decision. But, if HVAC replacement is the clear choice, then your next question will be, “What does it cost to replace my A/C system?”
5 Factors That Affect the Cost to Replace Your A/C System
There are several factors to consider when installing a new air conditioner. As a result of this, the cost can be as low as $3,500 or upwards of $11,000. Let’s look at a few of these factors …
- System Type– The cost to replace your A/C system can vary widely depending on the model of air conditioner you choose. There are many different choices with advantages to each. Our Phoenix area HVAC experts can explain the pros and cons of each for your household’s needs.
- Size of Your Space– Larger homes will require a larger unit and vice versa. You want to be sure the unit is the right size for your space.
- Ductwork– You will also need to factor in your insulation and what condition the existing ductwork is in.
- Efficiency– The SEER (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio) rating of the air conditioner you choose will affect your cost. A higher SEER number means a more efficient system. Energy-efficient air conditioners provide impressive long-term cost savings over less-efficient models, but also come at a higher price point.
- Extras– When you add extras such as humidifiers, air purifiers and thermostats, the price will go up.
Get Solid Advice From Phoenix Area HVAC Experts
As with any big purchase, you will want to get the best price possible without sacrificing performance. Look for rebates, tax credits, and any HVAC promotions that can help reduce cost. When choosing a new HVAC system, cheaper, less-efficient units may seem appealing, but consider the long term … saving money up front can cost more money down the road.
Team AIR-zona can help you every step of the way in choosing the right unit for your budget and your home. Installing a new heating or air conditioning system should be done by professionals, and that’s exactly what you get when you choose Team AIR-zona.
If you’re ready for HVAC system replacement from some of the best HVAC experts the East Valley has to offer, simply contact us today!