With a new season upon us, this is the ideal time to put fall HVAC maintenance on your calendar. It’s best to schedule your cooling system check-up in the spring and your heating system maintenance in the fall, before HVAC professionals get too busy.
What does fall HVAC maintenance include?
Preventative HVAC maintenance is the best way to ensure your system will continue to function properly and help you stay ahead of the game to avoid costly repairs. Performing these tasks in the fall will help your system last longer and improve efficiency. Here are some important items we recommend for fall HVAC maintenance:
- Clean Vents Inside – Your unit can lose up to 10 percent of efficiency with only 1/100th of an inch of buildup. This is why it’s important to check all your vents for any dust or debris and wipe them down as often as possible.
- Clean Unit Outside – The falling leaves may be beautiful, but they can be a hazard to your HVAC unit. Check your unit often in autumn for leaves, pollen, dirt, sticks or other debris. Also, try to remove anything that is within two feet around the unit to ensure a cleaner system.
- Check and Replace Air Filters – Dirty air filters make your HVAC system less efficient. It is a good idea to set a reminder each month to check your air filter and replace it if it is dirty or clogged. To keep your system cleaner, you may want to consider a high-efficiency pleated air filter which traps smaller particles.
- Check Thermostat – During fall HVAC maintenance is the perfect time to make adjustments to your programmable thermostat to ensure you stay comfortable as the temperatures begin to cool. This will keep your entire unit from working harder than it needs to.
- Schedule a Maintenance Check-Up – Some things you can do yourself, but the best way to ensure your HVAC system is ready for winter is to invest in professional maintenance. There are some tasks best left to the professionals. They can find and address any issues before they become costly problems.
Make HVAC maintenance a priority!
This fall, put scheduling professional HVAC maintenance at the top of your to-do list. At Team AIR-zona we love providing you with friendly, professional HVAC services. We also believe in making sure our services are top quality and affordable. Be sure to check out our FALL TUNE UP SPECIAL to make sure your HVAC equipment is clean and functioning properly.