Did you realize that your health is affected by the air quality in your home? Indoor air quality tends to decline in the winter months. That’s because we spend more time indoors and are less likely to open our windows for fresh air. This year, it may be a little more important to take precautions while we are tucked safely in our homes due to Covid-19.
Common Air Quality Issues
Some common symptoms you may experience from poor indoor air quality are: fatigue, flu-like symptoms, headaches, dizziness, itchy eyes, nose or throat, and worsened asthma, allergies, or chronic illnesses. You do not have to suffer because of poor air quality. We have some recommendations to improve the air you breathe in your home.
Tips to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- Dust– Dust is a respiratory irritant and seems to find its way into our home and furniture. Vacuum your carpet and dust your furniture regularly to get rid of all the dust particles and mites.
- Open Windows– Opening your windows for a few minutes every day will bring fresh air into your home and help get rid of pollutants and germs.
- Add Greenery– Plants naturally filter the air and are also a great way to decorate!
- Air Purifier– An air purifier will help filter out contaminants in your air such as odors, dust and mold.
- Replace Filters– Clean filters in your HVAC unit are very important for clean air. They help trap pollutants and other particles. Replacing your air filter is an easy way to improve air quality.
- HVAC Maintenance– Routine maintenance of your heating and cooling systems will help your system work more efficiently and last longer.
Improve Indoor Air Quality With Expert HVAC Service
You can breathe easier this winter with Team AIR-zona. We understand how important air quality is to your health. If you would like to know more about different options we provide to improve indoor air quality, contact us today!
Our HVAC technicians are happy to perform a thorough air quality assessment. Then, you can trust our HVAC experts to recommend, install, and maintain the best air quality improvement product for your home.