Have you noticed that your AC runs constantly or cycles on and off frequently? The bad news is that your air conditioning unit is wasting energy, increasing your energy bill, and decreasing the lifespan of your system. The good news is that it is probably an easy and inexpensive fix!
Common Reasons Why Your AC Runs Constantly
There are numerous reasons why your AC system may be running non-stop. Here are some of the most common causes.
- Improper HVAC Size – If your central air conditioner is too small, it will have to work harder to cool your home. Unfortunately, this increases the wear and tear on your unit and reduces its lifespan. Also, if your ducts are the wrong size, they may not be able to handle the airflow to all parts of the home.
- Check Your Air Filter– When your air filter is clogged, your air handler works harder to compensate. Easy fix … change the air filter!
- Dirty Condenser Coils– Condenser coils need to be cleaned annually because they are exposed to the outdoor elements. Dirt and dust buildup can reduce airflow causing your AC to run constantly. We recommend annual maintenance to keep your condenser and evaporator coils clean.
- Faulty Thermostat– If the thermostat isn’t working correctly, it won’t recognize that your home has been cooled and your AC will run constantly.
- Leaky Ductwork– If there are holes or leaks in your ductwork, your AC system will have to work much harder than it should.
- Maintenance– Regular maintenance is key to keeping your HVAC unit working correctly. Spring and fall maintenance will catch any potential problems, keeping your unit in good working order and extending its life.
- Replacement– Even when HVAC units are properly maintained, they eventually wear out. You may actually save money in the long run by getting a newer more efficient unit.
Get Help From Phoenix Area HVAC Experts!
When it comes to maintaining your air conditioner, you can count on Team Air-zona. A fully functioning system is vital for your indoor comfort. Our HVAC maintenance plan brings you expert HVAC service and repairs at an affordable price. And, when it’s time to replace your system, we can help with that too!
Contact us if your AC runs constantly or if you’re having any other issues with your HVAC system. We pride ourselves on getting the job done right and on time. No job too big or too small … We are happy to help!